11 July 2011

The Starting Line

     Welcome to my blog!  I am a runner, and I have signed up for my first marathon, the Chevron Houston Marathon, to take place January 15, 2012.  Registering for the race and conceiving this blog evoke from me similar emotions of excitement and nervousness.  Initially, my blog will serve to chronicle my marathon training, but overall, I want to share my thoughts and experiences as a runner.
   
     The name of this blog, "Where the ---- is the finish line?" is a thought that has crossed my mind as miles passed during previous races.  While training, I also ask as muscles ache and breath becomes short, "Am I almost there,"  referring to whatever goal my ambitions have decided upon that day.  The finish line is just that, a goal.  Whether in running or anything else in life, we all make for ourselves finish lines.  Some are sprints while others are marathons.  On training runs and races I tell myself, "There is only one finish line," as encouragement to not stop until I reach my goal.  With life in general, including running, I remind myself that there is no finish line, and to keep going and getting better.  There is no line that can stop me from doing more than what I have done and being more than what I am today.

     Tomorrow I run 4 miles.  It's a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment