13 July 2011

3.99mi 36:30:40 avg pace 9:09/mi

     I wasn't even close to running at 5am today due to a combination of sleeping at 2am again and free wine and food at an event in the city.  Fortunately, my schedule afforded me the luxury of a late start.  The running gods must have read my blog (scary), because I got the breeze I was missing yesterday.  With the sun near its apex in a clear blue sky, the wind kept the temperature in the low 70s.  Perfect!


     So, sunscreen applied and Vibrams on feet, I set out on the same path as yesterday, and although I had decided upon not stopping to take pictures, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

     There are many days when the redundancy of a routine can dull the spirit enough to bring to question why one even bothers to do what they do.  Then, there are days when you look out the same window, walk out the same door, or run the same route you have dozens of times and still discover something exhilarating.  And, while it may not answer the question "why," it may just captivate you long enough to make you stop asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment