29 August 2011

Race Envy


     2 weeks of foot pain has caused a set back in training.  Worse, it's given me race envy.  This past weekend was the Chicago Triathlon, and a few weeks ago, the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon.  Seeing all the athletes competing in addition to giving up my long runs to allow my foot time to heal has made me starving to devour those miles again.  Though I know the time to recover was necessary, I couldn't help but feel that nagging itch to get out there to sweat, hurt, and bask in the satisfaction you just can't get from a short, easy paced run.  

     This week, I'm back to training, and I've expanded my race schedule beyond the Houston Marathon.

     September 11th - Chicago Half Marathon
     September 24th - Komen Race For The Cure
     January 15th - Houston Marathon
     April 29th - Big Sur International Marathon

     With so many great runs here in Chicago and around the country I know race envy will possess me again taking control of my senses and my actions forcing me to click SUBMIT on that next race registration form.  It's not my fault, the run made me do it!

Pictures from the Chicago Triathlon August 28, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment