28 November 2011

The Weekend Rundown

night run along Lake Front Trail, Chicago
Well, training last week didn't quite go according to my schedule.  Here's what happened.

          Schedule           Reality
Mon      rest                rest
Tues      7                     0
Wed      4                     7.12
Thurs     7                    5.92
Fri         rest                rest
Sat        16                   15.85
Sun       5                     9.08
Total     39                  37.97

Sooo ummm yeah.  At least I managed to get close to my total miles for the week.  Only downside is that both of my feet are in some pain from what I hope is just general soreness and not stress injuries due to over training.  The week before, my total mileage was only 18.64, so I increased it by 20 to get back on schedule for January. I know I am risking some injury by doing that, but the distances I ran last week were nothing new leaving me almost certain I can continue on without really hurting myself (fingers crossed).  I guess we'll see if I can make it through this week.  Here's the routine.

Mon       Rest
Tues       5
Wed       3
Thurs    7
Fri          Rest
Sat         18
Sun        5

See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment