10 September 2011

Chicago Half Marathon


     Tomorrow morning I'm running in the Chicago Half Marathon.  It is my first half marathon in over a year, so I'm excited to get back into it.  Training is a bit behind schedule due to issues with my foot, but since I'm training for a full marathon, finishing the half shouldn't be a problem.  I haven't' decided how I'm going to run it.  Should I run for a PR, or should I pace it so it fits into my training schedule?  By the way, I'm suppose to run 18 miles this weekend, so add a 5-miler after the race.  I'm tempted to put it all out there to see how I do.  This week I've added speed and intervals into my training.  Picking up the pace really gets the adrenaline pumping, and I know I'll get a serious high if I can PR the halfer.  It's a decision that will probably be made at the starting line.  I still have to make sure I can fall asleep early tonight so I can wake up at 4 A.M. to get ready, eat breakfast, and catch the train.  After getting my race packet at the expo at Navy Pier, I bought some GU Chomps from one of the vendors.  I'm trying a new flavor tomorrow, Peach Tea with twice the caffeine as regular GU.  I'll let y'all know how it is.  I usually start munching after mile 7, sometimes because I just need something else to do.  Also at the expo, I somehow got convinced to register for the ING Miami Marathon on January 29, 2012.  Thank you, Dave Scott, for signing me up!  So I'll be running in Miami just 2 weeks after running the Chevron Houston Marathon.  January is going to be one crazy month!

     Good luck to all runners tomorrow!  It's the 9/11 anniversary, so it'll be a spectacular sea of red, white, and blue clad runners flooding Lake Shore Drive.  I'll see you all on the other side.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment