06 October 2011

Getting Back to Business

Night Run

     Injury, sickness, weather, work -- any one of these can ruin training.  Even a few days away from the run makes it hard to get back into a routine.  Though I've been able to get in a few runs after being sick, I just don't feel the same drive to get out and run.  Before, I was starting to get use to waking up at 5 A.M.  Some mornings, I could  even wake up without my alarm.  Now, getting up at 6:30 A.M. sucks.  What keeps you from running?  Whatever it may be, take your time getting out there.  Don't try to do too much too soon after being sick or injured.  You'll get back into rhythm again. I hope I do soon.  Though it's 80 degrees again here in Chicago, I know winter is just around the bend, and training for a marathon won't always be favorable in winter months.  

     The Chicago Marathon is this weekend and though I won't be running, I'll be checking out the expo.  Tonight, Niketown Chicago will have something special for Run Club as a jump-off for the weekend events.  Expect a good party.  Also, Olympian long distance runner Ryan Hall will be at the expo signing autographs and running in Sunday's marathon.  For more information on events this weekend, go to www.chicagomarathon.com.  Good luck to all the runners on Sunday, and good running to everyone.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment